Sunday 23 November 2014

Changing blog...


Well I was making some updates and changes to my blog, but in the process I have managed to delete all of the comments that people had previously posted! I'm not sure how that happened as I thought they were connected to Google+, anyway that's not the important part...the devastating part is that one of the comments was from my Mum, and I don't remember what she wrote. I know it wasn't anything earth shattering, but it's like the message left on your answer phone that you never want to delete! I need to block this because otherwise it will be one of those little things that will consume me and forever haunt me. If anyone knows what happened and how to get them back, please let me know!!! Thank you so much.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nic

    Oh dear :( I'm sure you moderate your comments and it seems that the only way to recover deleted comments is if you moderate via email and haven't deleted emails sent to you with comments in. Remember, even if you did delete emails they could still be sitting in your deleted folder if (like me) you don't clear it out very often. But, once comments are deleted from your blog they're gone. Here's a link to an item which could be of use - IF you use the email facility for comments to be moderated. http://www.bloggertipsandtricks.com/2009/07/how-to-recover-deleted-comments.html

    Keep your chin up honey, you never know, if that fails then someone out there might remember what you Mum said in her comment.

    Love, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di, it has something to do with this Google+ comments because when I turn that off I can see some comments, but not all! I have no idea...goes back to the saying "if it aint broke, don't fix it"!!! xxx

      Delete
  2. I will have a look. Did you ever make a backup of your blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elyse I did reply, but it's not showing...I'm so not in the mood for this! Nope I didn't because that would require forethought...something that seems to be eluding me recently! Feel free to come over for coffee and fix anytime! ha ha xxx

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I do read them all!