Thursday 13 November 2014

The Clock is Ticking...

Not long now...Mum has deteriorated rapidly and it is now just a matter of time. I feel like there is a clock ticking away, and with every clunk I'm losing more of her. That being said, she is ready. We rarely talk now as she sleeps most of the day, and when she is awake there is no guarantee that she is lucid. She is very weak and has fought for as long as she can. Today she managed to get up for just enough time to watch the kids open their Christmas presents on Skype before she had to rest again.

I have given up on attending the last 2 weeks of my University as my heart and mind are no longer in it. I will complete the remaining assignments and sit my finals, but cannot sit through lectures. Watching Dad go through this is unbelievably painful...you can see the hurt and it is so hard to watch someone who has always been so strong, start to break. Mum is thankfully no longer in pain as she is on morphine injections every few hours now...now I just pray that God puts an end to her suffering and takes her quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I do read them all!