Tuesday 18 November 2014

The Phone

I think it's safe to say that the phone ringing will never quite have the same meaning again. I LOVE the phone ringing - to me it signals that a friend or Mum is calling and I am Little Miss Chatterbox (except when the salesmen call, and then I have a game to see how quickly I can get them to hang up on me...usually I don't quite get to the end of "I'm not sure what you're talking about because I don't own any comput..." before I hear the click). Anyway, now it's taken on a whole new meaning, and for those of you who have been where I am, you will know what I'm talking about. The phone rings, you race to pick it up or see who is on caller display, and then, only then, when you know that it's not "the call" do you realise that you haven't taken a breath since the first ring.

Tonight we are finally taking some family up on their offer to help in any way, and are handing the kids over for a sleepover. We have tickets for a movie and I am going to try and switch off for a bit and pretend everything is normal. I will of course be checking my phone the whole time in case Dad calls.

Right, update done so now back to my studies and lesson planning so that the rest of my life is under as much control as possible!!! Thank you for all the messages and prayers - I do pass them along to Mum.

P.S. Excuse spelling/gramatical mistakes as I don't have the luxury of time to check my writing any more! Not that it necessarily helped before...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I do read them all!