Sunday 11 May 2014

My bubble burst!

It was bound to happen, but today wasn't a good day.  It started with a tearful phone call to my mum to find out that she's not doing so well and both of us dissolved into tears!  When I took a breath I then cried again saying "this is our last Mother's Day together".  

Following this call I received an email from the breeders of our two dogs.  It appears, without boring you with details, that their relatives lived until 11, 14, & 11 respectively.  Well Coby is 11 and Joey is 10, so it hit me that they don't have too long left!  I turned the waterworks back on, exclaiming through the tears that I can't lose them too!  I can't lose so much that's so important to me, I can't handle it.  For anyone who is reading this who doesn't know me, my dogs rank exceptionally high!!!  As in to the point where my husband often claims I love them more than him!  Hah! 

Anyway, here I am at the airport heading back to London.  This time, I have my husband and munchkins in tow...yes my daughter is still sick, and yes I have brought my friend Mr.Ativan with me just in case the anxiety about leaving the dogs gets too much! 

Oh, and guilt!  I feel guilty because friends are excited to see us, yet this is another trip that I dread.  I feel like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders and my shell is disintegrating...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I do read them all!