Thursday 2 October 2014

I forgot my kids!

I am in floods of tears as I write this! I am slowly starting to break little by little as the realisation that this is actually happening settles in. My husband came down the stairs today asking when the kids get off school...I won't repeat the word that came out of my mouth, but it was followed by uncontrollable crying. I forgot my kids! School was over and I hadn't picked them up...what kind of a mother am I? I feel so ill I am on the verge of being sick at myself, and how I could let that slide.

Recently I have found myself crying more and more, and often uncontrollably. My mum is slipping away from me week by week and I am finding it so hard to reconcile myself with the truth. I visit next month unless things change pace further, but 4 weeks feels like an eternity away. I got some time with her last night as she was awake in the early hours of the morning through pain, and due to the time difference (for once it worked in our favour) we were able to chat. I speak to my Dad, and can hear the tension in his voice, and there is nothing I can do to help, or ease what he is going through. I'm completely helpless. Nothing else to say today...my heart is breaking.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment, I do read them all!