Monday 14 April 2014

Best Medicine...

Kids and baking are the best medicine.  The reason I say this is because they make you laugh, and ALWAYS like baking with chocolate, so with those two things in your life, you can't go wrong.  Today wasn't a wonderful day, but a productive day!

8:25am is school drop off time...this morning was no different, and I pulled up to the school at 8:15am to drop the kids off as always.  For some reason as soon as that door slammed shut and I put the car in drive, I was overwhelmed with a sense of total loss and loneliness.  We live 4 minutes from school, but could I make the drive home to my husband to tell him this?  Nope!  I called before I reached the end of the school road, and told him how I felt.  "Today shouldn't be any different from every other day" he said.  "I usually have work though" (Mondays are my day off).  Then I realised - today was the first Monday since I saw my parents.  I'm not sure why it affected me like it did, but either way this morning sucked!  Today is one of those days that I mentioned in a previous post, I need my kids more than they need me.

The solution - baking of course.  I use the word "baking" rather than cooking, because that clearly means the non-healthy stuff!  Seeing as it's Easter this weekend, what better thing to make than chocolate Easter nests.  My son loves helping me in the kitchen, so he was my mixer and the 'official egg topper' which made him feel super important!  The Easter nests are now chilling in the fridge whilst the kids eagerly await their treat...

P.S. For anyone wanting to make the nests, you can find the recipe HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I do read them all!