Monday 22 December 2014

Cards and Presents


I'm not sure why I haven't been writing - I think I just shut down for a bit. I have "met" so many new people over the last couple of months that I was feeling overwhelmed and needed a break from this, work, university, etc.

I have now finished university and work for the Christmas holiday. I managed a B+ for one course, and I'm still awaiting my grade for another...it's good enough given that I sat the final 36 hours after I returned from Spain! I have managed to wrap some presents, and make some cards. I had the honour of selling some at work prior to the Christmas break, and with the help of so many parents, I sent off a donation of $66 to Mum's donation page...I had more cards than I knew what to do with so I have now embarked on my own business - yup I've added something else to my plate! I decided that it was a healthy way of channelling my grief whilst remembering Mum as it was something we did together. It took me a while to come up with the name, but the logo was easy - I will explain all another day.

As for the grieving - I have learnt that there is no right or wrong way as I don't have a frame of reference. I saw my therapist today for the first time since Mum died, and she was great at assuring me that there is no "set path" and I had a right to feel angry and bitter that Mum went too soon. I was also told to allow myself to feel the loss instead of just saying others have it worse (i.e. Dad). I think I'm doing okay.

Anyway as a plus - I taught myself how to do nice bows on presents yesterday and the picture was the end result of the first attempt - I think Mum's creativity has gone into me. I have also just been sitting quietly and making card after card! I have to say that at a very depressing time in my life, it has be so uplifting to just sit and create...it's very cathartic and I can see why Mum set herself so many projects at the end. This was one of the cards that I made for a friend of mine...


...and this one was the birthday card that I made today for my niece...


Thanks again for the encouragement - I won't say that I will reply to all the messages now as I am loving the fact that I have 2 weeks where I'm not expected anywhere and nothing is being expected of me - it's been a while!
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I do read them all!